Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:26
kicknjeep is on a distinguished road
Default Cheap mod 2!!

OK this is not my own idea (thanks BmpnKota) but it looks to be legit and will be doing it to my TB when it gets warm enough.
first do you see the walls around the butterfly valves?, you can see them in this pic

and this pic

I'm not sure how many of you have heard of or done this, but I did it Saturday and I really noticed a difference afterwards. And its very cheap and easy to do.
These cause a lot of restriction. Also in between the two valves is a divider. It's an hour glass shape and flat on top, which is also a lot of restriction.
So I took a dremel
with some cut off wheels and removed the walls. You can see in the first picture above I had already cut one of them off. Once I got them all off, I moved to the grinding bit and got them completely flat and smoothed in the edges around the valves to make them more rounded in. Then, using the same grinding bit, I made the divider in the middle come to a point, instead of being flat on the top.
Once that was done, i took some emery cloth and sanded everything really smooth and rounded by hand.

Then finally, with some MOTHER'S Mag and Aluminum polish, I went over the whole thing several times until it was really smooth and polished.
This is the finished product...

The first time i gave it WOT it HOWLED!! and I immediately noticed a difference. It has better throttle response, more torque, and better top end.
Again wanted to thank BmpnKota for this cool and cheap mod..
Sponsored links