View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 11:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Dakota
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:276
Leadfootluke is a jewel in the roughLeadfootluke is a jewel in the roughLeadfootluke is a jewel in the rough

Dang bud, I missed this thread.

I just seafoamed tonight

For anyone wondering, seafoam is intended as engine treatment and as a fuel additive. To run it through the engine, pour it in the throttle body, or find a vacuum line that goes into the intake. Ideally, you want the seafoam concentrate to be equally proportioned into your cylinder heads by mixing with the air that is going into the engine itself. On my 5.2 [engine warm] I remove the Airhat, pour the seafoam into the TB keeping the revs up to keep it from stalling until half the can is gone. I either kill the engine or shut it off. I pour the other half into the tank [16 oz treats 25 gallons, so 8oz treats my near-full tank of 12 gallons]. I wait 20 minutes and go out and start up the truck.

The crankcase treatment is legitimate. Add the seafoam within 1-2 days of an oil change. It removes sludge and moisture. Again, it can work so well that the sludge falls off and could get sucked into the recirculation. That is why you add it, drive around, and get your oil changed soon thereafter.

I will be posting a thread in a few minutes with my treatment video.