View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 11:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Dakota
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:276
Leadfootluke is a jewel in the roughLeadfootluke is a jewel in the roughLeadfootluke is a jewel in the rough

7. Remove the Throttle Body and the Gasket

8. Remove all 3 Sensors from the Throttle Body. The torx driver is used to remove all of the sensors Tool: #25 Torx Driver

9. Resulting [Dirty] Naked Throttle Body

10. Cleaning the Throttle Body. Tool: Intake Cleaner of choice

Read the instructions on the can of cleaner as some have VERY strong fumes and will remove paint and stain clothing. With all of the sensor removed, liberally spray the CRC cleaner onto the areas you wish to clean. The stream essentially stripped all of the carbon off of the Throttle Body. Using a tooth brush and terry cloth I was able to strip all of the carbon I wanted off. Take the IAC sensor as well and clean that up. With the carbon removed from it's plunger and the area were it sits, your idle will smooth out. These are the results I wished to achieve. I believe 100% clean is attainable. I worked for about 95% because I will probably port/polish my Throttle Body in the near future.

Let the Throttle Body dry before re-installation.

11. Re-installation:

Follow the steps in reverse order. Add the New gasket before replacing the Throttle Body. Reconnect the battery and start it up to make sure everything was done correctly.

Good luck and post up if you need assistance

Last edited by Leadfootluke; 01-14-2010 at 11:49 PM.