Thread: Maintence
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 07:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Rep:1885
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkulysses View Post
I need to do these things too but when I drop the tranny pan and change the filter how do I get all the fluid out of the lines that go to my tranny cooler and all that? I also have the 545RFE at least I think I do it's a 5 speed I do know that much. I also have the positraction rear end so does that fluid need to be changed more often to keep everything working properly?
Honestly, having the fluid flushed is the best way to go because it will get all of it including the torque converter. Filter replacement isn't normally an issue but they should be replaced from time to time. The 545RFE has two filters and unless there's tranny damage, they aren't prone to stopping up.