Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Arctic White
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
Muerm81 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Raptor nerf bars suck!

I ordered a set of Raptor wheel to wheel 5" oval step bars for my new 2014 Ram crew long bed. Now I purchased these with the understanding that they would fit either a long or short bed. So I knew they would not reach the rear wheels. That's fine. I installed them with little trouble. However, the first issue I had was the body mount bolts. Raptor's mounts require you to remove the original heavy galvanized bolts dodge supplies and replace them with cheap plain steel bolts they supply with the hardware package. No big deal, I'll buy new bolts. Now I get the bars on... They don't look right to me. It has nothing to do with the mounting. I adjusted them as far back as possible, but for some reason Raptor mounted the rear step for the bed access by the rear doors of the truck. Half the pad is by the bed so it is still usable. It just doesn't make any sense. So I did what any normal person would do... Call the company and complain. I was told more than once these are the correct steps for my truck after I told them I realize they are the correct ones, they fit, and I know that your little book is going to say the same. The truth is they do fit, they just don't look like they belong in my opinion. Raptor should not advertise a product to be a custom fit application when it is clearly not intended for that application. I don't believe they would look good on a short bed either. At one point they actually told me the steps are placed exactly where they should be for practical use not looks. If that was the case there would have been no argument. The fact is that only half the rear step is usable. And if the product doesn't look good no one would buy it. Looks and accessibility are equally important. Unbelievable! In the end, customer service treated me like a child, they had no interest in satisfying me, and I will never purchase a product from them again. More than anything I'm pissed at customer service. If they were a smaller company I bet they would have built a set for my truck. I'm a small business owner and that's what I would have done just to shut me up.
Sponsored links