View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 11:29 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 RAM
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:121
canadian.bacon will become famous soon enoughcanadian.bacon will become famous soon enough

I got the 4" ovals and I love them. I like them much better than the stock ones on my '12. Mine were $269 delivered to my door from autoanything. Note that the Raptor ones are rated 500lb, they look and feel very sturdy, whereas most of the other ones are rated 300lb. They don't flex at all (tried it with 2 people on jumping up and down) and they are away from the body panels a bit more than stock, which is exactly what I needed, a USABLE bar. All the other ones, including stock, are way too close to the door and my foot doesn't fit ok, especially with hunting boots on. I'm not a big guy, 5'9 - 180lb and these are perfect for me, especially when getting out of the truck. I tripped several times on the stock ones, even more when wet.
Also, note that the raptors have 3 mounts, most of the other ones have 2. Also, they do not collect ice/snow as much as the other ones, being away from the doors. They look awesome, chromed, not polished.
Cab length, short bed: