View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 03:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT sport
Color: red
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:183
Dann has a spectacular aura aboutDann has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat06 View Post
You can get some quality snowboards for less than that. If you go to a pro shop you'll pay about that, but you can find good deals online for a whole setup (board, bindings, boots). I have a Burton (great name) board and bindings for $250 on eBay, and i've ridden it for 4-5 seasons now, only upgraded the bindings once to a better set.

As far as advice goes; to turn, put pressure on your front foot and swivel your back foot. turning your head to where you want to go is a good tip as well. Also keep in mind that it is nothing like skiing. You can't go very slow snowboarding or you'll fall down. Just like riding a bike, the faster you go the more stable you are. Don't go too fast but if you keep falling down, try and go a little faster. And if you are going to fall, fall on your back, not on your front, it hurts less. And have a lot of fun, I love snowboarding, its a blast.

Thank you bobcat awesome advice, I have seen some boards for 250 quid here but got to buy all the other stuff too. I am so looking forward to this its 25quid for an hour, going to be awesome.