View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 09:57 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4X4 / 3.55 LSD
Trim Level: Outdoorsman Crew Cab
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl Coat
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:1043
gcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud of

No way are they testing (abusing) my truck with this torture test. All the engine and drive line parts stressed to there limits (10 times) just to see if the output shaft fails.

I don't do this to my truck, so why would I let someone at the dealer service center do it. They don't have a $ invested in my truck and could care less if they over stress the other parts when doing this stress test.

I am more concerned that the test would damage/reduce the life of the other parts involved in this test. My truck runs perfect and I don't want something to become a problem after the test. So many important parts involved from suspension, engine mounts, engine, 4x4 drive line, axle, ujoints, brakes and transmission & transfer case.

If the output shaft fails on it own then they can fix it at that time. I have the life time warranty if it is not covered under the recall at a later date.

In other words "NOT MY TRUCK BOYS"

JMO.

Greg

Last edited by gcscott; 04-11-2014 at 10:15 AM.