It took me about 2.5 hours to lay the 4 layers of fiberglass. for the last batch of resin I doubled the amount of hardener mixed into the resin to help quicken the curing process. After curing for about 30 minutes the tubs were ready to be removed from the truck. Thanks to the foil they lifted right out
As the fiberglass was curing I started routing the top pieces of MDF for the subs to mount to as well as some trim rings to protect the subs when the seats are down.
I finally assembled the sub boxes and gave the whole system a test run. Man I missed having real subs!!! This things sound awesome. The only real downside is that the fiberglass smell is real strong in the truck. Until...
I coated all exposed fiberglass with the elastomeric coating i used to sound deaden the cab. The result... no more smell in the truck
I decided I would try Plasti-dip for the all the exposed wood surfaces. This being my first time using the stuff I was not sure what to expect. The first few coats really soaked into the edges but one they dried the rest of the coats went on real smooth. Here they are in the truck after the finish hardened. As you can see the truck needs a good detail but until pine pollen season is over there is no real point.