View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 03:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ram Security, my rant

When i bought my truck I asked the person assigned to me in the service department about the alarm systems function(s)
He told me that it was the standard Chrysler alarm that it was a good alarm,

well I have been a chevy truck guy since 1971 - 2009, i have been running an after market alarm most of that time, if a child were to fall into it, the alarm went off, if anything short of shorting out the battery, before trying to enter it, it set off the alarm

to be truthful I didn't trust the service depts. answer, it told me nothing.
i then went across the street where a sub contractor installs the Border Patrol equipment for Chrysler. I was told that not only did i have the system that is normally installed at the factory, but, that he had installed a backup ? system, & that there are 2 types, blue or green light systems. the Chrysler system lets anyone steal the vehicle & drive it some distance away before shutting down, apparently the computer doesn't sense the electronic key & shuts the truck down. the 2nd system is more for the anti theft & costs $800 ??, I was also told that because i had remote start that i was very limited in types of more secure alarm systems, such as VIPER & other better & much cheaper systems & if i bought a better & cheaper after market alarm system, that i would lose the remote start function.

well thats my rant, does anyone have different information? or suggestions[IMG][/IMG]
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Sponsored links