View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 12:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:207
Rexer has a spectacular aura aboutRexer has a spectacular aura aboutRexer has a spectacular aura about

I called and spoke with a service rep today at my local dealership. He didn't seem to informed on the recall and how it was performed.

According to him he said they would be doing a stress test by putting it in four wheel drive and going WOT 5 times, either on dry pavement or with the brakes applied on a hoist.

I doubt it will amount to anything but I've sent a letter to Chrysler asking how customers will be compensated for the abuse on the truck. The warrenty information specifies that "wheel spinning" is abuse and can result in the warrenty being voided. I don't see the difference in what they're doing and the "wheel spinning" and asked them that, along with why the wheel spinning was in the warranty as abuse. I also asked if I would be getting the power train warranty extended, as a tolken of them standing by their word that what they're planning on doing won't be deterimental to the components in the truck.

But somehow...I'm sure I'll get the automated response that everybody else has gotten to date....

Love the truck...but am developing a hate for the company (I've already had some crappy dealings and gotten short shafted from them before)....