Old 04-21-2014, 08:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2008 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: sxt
Color: red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
hslager69 is on a distinguished road

Ya i spay everything under the truck with fluid film,fluid film can be sprayed on rubber components as it won't hurt them.You have to get in every nook and cranny,the rust prone spots are above rear wheels,front box corners ,cab corners and front fenders.A lot of guys bring their trucks into so called professionals to get oiled but 99 % of them don't get complete coverage in the critical areas.the area above rear wheels is a bad area,there is the outer sheet metal then an inner support that traps dirt and moisture ,the oil has to get between there most shops don't bother.I now have a hoist so i have an easier time oiling it but it is possible to do it on the ground as i have done it for years .you can do it with fluid film sold at most hardware stores in aresol cans but i now buy it in 5 gallon pails.in the USA you can get it here- http://www.kellsportproducts.com I also spray inside the doors ,you have to drill a few access holes but you can buy plastic plugs,Id rather have to drill a few holes and oil than not bother and deal with rust.When i do buy a new truck i will oil it right away

Last edited by hslager69; 04-21-2014 at 08:43 PM.