Thread: Mds
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 01:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Deepwater Blue
Rep:127
Swaggerville Ram will become famous soon enoughSwaggerville Ram will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzaq View Post
Originally the first 2009 Rams did not come with any indication on the evic even though the brochure indicated they did. Come late December 2008 Chrysler updated the evic in the 2009 model with the "Eco" mode display visible.

Due to many requests and complaints from early owners, Chrysler offered a software update in June 2009 for the early Rams without any indication, this is what we now know as "Fuel Saver" mode.

All the inputs for both systems are the same according to Chrysler. The only difference is that the early evic and PCM was incapable of displaying the "Eco" mode system so they created the, words only, "Fuel Saver" indication.

We had to fight them tooth and nail just for that.
My 09 is from December 08, I bought in October 09 so I never had anything to do with the display debacle, however I will say that you mention that it could not display Eco mode leads me to believe they could not make it work like the Eco mode trucks so they latched it with MDS and called it something different. Aka fuel saver. That would be my guess

Good info though on the fuel saver vs eco

"I don't care to hear what your ideas are, mine are better"