View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 01:15 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 CC Big Horn 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Dark Cherry Red
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
jimmerz is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys! I am a new Ram owner. The only other truck I ever owned was a 1999 Dodge Dakota. I have owned many different cars in my life (I am not Brand loyal!)

I started searching for a truck to use as a Tow Vehicle for a travel trailer. I looked at the Ram, Silverado, F150 and Tundra. I didn't give the Tundra much time mostly due to a guy I work with telling me he gets about 13mpg regular driving.

Out of the 3 main Trucks I truly liked the Ram the best. Best drive, best features and when trying to compare apples to apples, Ram BLEW the other 2 away in Price. Mostly because of rebates on the Big Horn this month I guess?

Mine stickered at $46,xxx and I was able to buy it for $37,xxx - THAT WAS HUGE!

I was least impressed with the Chevy which initially attracted me more because the redesign, and claim to have the best fuel economy in all the V8's? It did not ride as nice as the Ram and it felt like it had a lag and less power. I even told they guy where I was with the Ram and due to the fact that I liked the Ram better the only way I was going to consider the Silverado was going to be based on price. They couldn't even come close.

Good luck Chevy.

The Ford was nice and looks good but they are the #1 selling truck and also did not seem like they wanted to negotiate? I told that guy with the new models coming out soon and it being lighter and redesigned I would feel like I got ripped if I buy a brand new truck and a few months later the new model comes out and has many more features than the one I just bought, lol.

Ford lost out sort of by default / bad timing.

Funny thing is, I buy this truck to tow a TT I haven't purchased yet and NOW realize that most of the Campers we have been looking at are not ideal for my Ram...I should have bought the 2500!!!!!!

Oh well, a little smaller, less luxurious camper won't hurt anyone! I LOVE this Truck!