View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 12:38 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie 4x2
Color: Deep Water Blue Two Tone
Rep:432
MightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really nice

Welcome to the forum! Depending on who you ask or what you read, tonneau (pronounced TONOU) covers save you gas. To me it makes sense that it saves gas but some people say it makes no big difference. As far as cold air intakes go, there are a lot of brands. Some of the more popular ones are the BFI, Volant, Mopar, Airaid and Banks Ram Air. I just intalled the MOPAR in my truck today so I can't swear by any fuel savings yet. CAI can increase mpg but because they make the engine sound meaner you might be tempted to make it purr more and there goes your mpg.

I don't think you should buy a cold air intake just to save gas. Do a search on the forum for "intake" and you'll get a lot of results of threads discussing it. The biggest savings will come from making sure your tires are at the right PSI and not driving like a maniac.

As far as cold air intakes under $250, you could put one together by getting some tubing and a K&N filter from an auto parts store. A few guys on here have built their own by using different kind of tubing and they all seem to get good results.

.[/I]