View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 08:50 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

You guys have never experienced a true Kobe beef then, and not some of the knock-off US version of "Kobe-style" beef. My wife's the food and beverage associate director for a high end hotel and their restaurant gets 2 true Kobe beef tenderloins shipped over every week for $12,000 each. I've had the lovely opportunity of having this twice in my life, an 8oz tenderloin set me back $300 but it's an unbelievable piece of meat. They do look like that, a steak knife is not required and it does not have the fatty taste I associate with American beef.

This meat is not infused with fat like American meat is where the cow is pasture or feedlot fed with grass feed then grain fed in the last 4 months before slaughter to increase the fat content. These cows are milk and grain fed the minute they're off the tit and they are never older than 2 years. The massage part is actually inaccurate, they are regularly groomed and it's been mistaken for massaging.

Below is how they actually grade true Kobe beef
http://elwinlee.com/blog/2010/11/kobe-beef-u-jelly/

Last edited by CdnoilRAM; 05-09-2014 at 09:00 PM.