View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 05:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: SS/T
Color: black w/ silver stripes
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:883
98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by c5driver View Post
This may come off as wrong to most of you and heartless to some of you but just a point of view.

There are earthquakes all over the world all the time. A recent one in China left alot of people the same as those in Haiti. This country has alot of it's own problems right now. California with the rains that will cause alot of mudslides. Children on the streets because their parents lost their jobs. People dying in a war leaving family members at home.

What is this country doing for THIS country??? Giving money away that we don't have. Send the military there to help out with search efforts....fine. But sending millions of dollars to help rebuild with everything that is going on in the country???......pointless.

Now as I said this probably came off as heartless and wrong, but I believe this country is more important than a 3rd world country that can never do anything in return except ask for more.
I can't object in any way shape or form to what you said. I agree. I feel that we, the United States, need to focus more on what is going on here. We are in the 3rd worst economic downfall in U.S. history, possibly globally. I have tried to get a job for ages, and still have not gotten one. Nobody is ever hiring, and everybody is always firing.

Back to Haiti's earthquake, it really does bug me that these reporters are trying to prove that stuff is bad down there. Ok.... we all know it's bad, there is NO need to show all of these bodies to the public of our country and whomever else that broadcasts it! We all ready know that a horrible thing has struck that has taken all of these lives. I can't stand it, and agree with each and every one of you.

Alex, 1998 Ram 1500 SS/T. What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.