View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 07:25 PM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1520
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05cr125r View Post
...i always let my steaks sit at room temp at least a half hour. i like to use just a little olive oil and my seasoning and give the meat a good rubbing with both hands
Bruce E, 05cr125r has a good point. Let your steaks come up to room temperature. Do not let it sit more than 3 hours.

Use a Kosher (Or similar size) salt. Rub the steaks with the salt and pepper liberally and then let them sit to get to room temp. The salt will work its way into the meat. This may cause the meat to sweat (Also called Koshering.) Dab both sides with a paper towel before putting on the grill. The moisture will cool down the grill too quickly causing the meat to stick. This is all I would put on higher end cuts of meat like NY, Filet or T-Bones. That is all they need. If you are doing sirloins, pork loins or beef roasts then you can go nuts with seasonings.

I would stay away from any oil, for the grill anyway. Charcoal/gas grills can get to 300+ degrees. Extra virgin olive oil reaches it's smoke point at 190 or so. Even light olive oil hits that point at 240. This can leave soot marks on the steak and change the flavor of the meat. The oil works great in a saute pan but a grill will get too hot.
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped HEMI Badge The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover

Last edited by DarthRam; 05-13-2014 at 07:27 PM.