Old 01-20-2010, 07:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: 5.7L Hemi 4x4
Color: Graphite Gray
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:72
Incognito will become famous soon enough

FWB is a "Friend With Benefits". When you're a workaholic business owner like myself, it's difficult to maintain relationships just due to the business being the centre of your focal point. I own my company outright and have no business partners so everything that my company is involved in is superivised by me, leaving me with very little time for relationships. But people like myself have needs and those needs have to be fulfilled. For me it's at least three times a week and that is enough to keep my sanity otherwise I'd be sleeping with shingles.

I do all sorts of roofing, both flat and sloped. For sloped applications I use fibreglass shingles, composite, natural slate and steel. I don't use cedar, rubber, aluminum or concrete. Cedar doesn't last very long and it's very labour intensive, the cost is comparable to a steel roof but it will only last a fraction of the time. Rubber literally stinks when it gets hot and it creates a chaulky appearance after several years. Aluminum works great but there is no industrial finish that lasts on aluminum, so while the roof maintains it's resistence to the elements, it's appearance will fade in several years. Concrete roofing isn't common in this part of Canada and although I have experience in installing it, I wouldn't put it on because a natural slate roof is much lighter and much stronger with the same or better lifespan.