View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 01:27 AM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, as I'm a canadian, have lived in the USA (San Fran/oakland asrea), and grew up in Africa... I can honestly say that National Healthcare is amazing. From no healthcare in zimbabwe to an HMO in the states was a big change. However, I was diagnosed with premature ventricular contractions with a long QT which means I have a heart murmur with such a bad rythm I passed out while playing football and was subsequently banned from all activities. The HMO was refusing to do anything about it... no testing, monitoring, or corrective action. I had been playing sports 5-6 days a week my whole life in africa... so this was a crushing blow to me. We finally got a PPO that would cover EVERYTHING and my dad's company paid for it. I knew many people in Oakland that had no insurrance and they had the S*%t end of the medical stick... the US medical system is BROKEN! Being in Canada now, the universal health care is capable of handling what is required and it's the DOCTORS who dictate treatment, not your HMO. With my condition, I have zero issues getting testing/treatment and I have no suplimentary health care, just my provincial health card, and I can walk into any doctor/hospital and get treatment and not have to worry. They even cover international travel at a minor cost ($40) unlike the HMOs that either wont or required over $200 each.

Sorry, I hate the american health care for what it did to me, and I believe Obama is doing a good thing by getting NHC, but the US is so used to their system and the politicians have such a backing by the HMOs that they're fighting it tooth and nail.