View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 10:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:1625
City Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt JJ View Post
DSPTYWCADETO9. Have you tried the other settings on you're tuner? I tried the 87 Octane and Performance tune also. I got the best mileage on the 87 octane, but I didn't use the Mileage XS for long. Did you see a immediate improvement or did it take awhile? You said that you have a throttle body spacer? What does this do? Did you do it yourself? Would this be a good mod for me?
I tried the 87 Octane tune and definitely got more power, but the MPG improvements were not as good as the Mileage XS. I was really conservative on the gas pedal to try and squeeze out the best numbers. I have not tried the performance tune as of yet. I would say it takes some time to get good numbers. A throttle body spacer creates a larger area around the throttle body. This gives the throttle body a larger capacity for air intake, when the accelerator is pressed. When the throttle body valve opens, the throttle body spacer allows a greater amount of air to pass through the valve, increasing the power available to the truck. This improves the truck's energy efficiency, due to the fact that the air is readily available, so the truck does not need to expend effort to bring it to the throttle plate. I love mine, it makes a cool whistle sound when you hit the gas. Some people find it annoying, but I think it sounds great. I had mine professionally installed along with a AEM Brute Force Cooled Air Intake.