View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 01:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiezl Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie 4x2
Color: Blue Streak Pearl Coat
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:432
MightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really nice

Being from the caribbean I just want to share my perspective. I know that what happened with Katrina was horrible and yes we have a lot of problems here with the US. Unemployment, poverty, homelessness, crime, corruption, immigration, and healthcare. But we can't compare the resources that we have here in the US to Haiti. Haiti is a hell hole of poverty compared to the US. They have no resources and produce no product to support their economy. After the French left Haiti on their own, it's been one scumbag president after another. Not to mention the series of hurricanes that hit them. I can honestly say that if no one, including the US did nothing for Haiti, all those people would surely have no hope.

One of the great things about America is that when someone is in trouble, we are there. But at the same time, it pisses me off that we help everyone and don't do enough for our own. How come teachers, cops, firefighters, and military do not get paid what they deserve, while we send billions of dollars everywhere else? Why is there never enough money for education? Why are there still volunteer fire departments instead of having paid firefighters? Why can't we have more help for the homeless who are mentally and physically sick? Why don't we take better care of our war veterans?

But my point is that if we don't help Haiti, then shame on us. We have it so good here in that we can pick up the phone and call 911 and help gets to us in minutes. Those people have 1 doctor per 5k people. Every Hatian I've known and I've worked with are very hard workers. They are decent people. Haitians that cross the border into the Dominican Republic do it to get work to have a better life. They don't go to get on welfare.

When you walk down the street and see someone on the floor, you just don't walk by and leave them there just because you'll never see them again to get repaid.

Anyways, to those of you that are able to donate money, water, food, or clothing, thank you for you help.

Last edited by MightyBlueRam; 01-22-2010 at 01:25 AM.