Trim Level: ST
Color: Silver
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
Deez Nutz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Deez Nutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPSHSLAX View Post
If you want a good deal on all that stuff you will probably have to shop around since no site I know of has good prices on everything.

The things your talking about I have heard referred to as window visors.

I doubt you'll be able to do a decent cat-back system under $300 esspecially duals. Your talking bigger pipe and a longer distance to travel on a truck so expect to pay more for all that additional material. However Chrysler has been using mandrel bend pipes for quite a while so the whole cat-back replacement might be unnessisary. Try doing just the muffler and delete the resonator if you have one. That should be more in your price range.

I have no idea about the 2-4 shift. Someone else might have the info (possibly Randy?) but if you find out let us all know.

Welcome to the board.
I just wanted a few noteworthy sites I guess because I have very little trust in some of these websites you see...if I just got a muffler, would it sound good and get good performance? couldnt be as good as the dualies and a cat back, no? In other words would you say it's worth saving my money and spending around $500? or is that still too little? How do I know if I have a resonator? And also, i noticed that there's enough torque to start in 2nd gear most of the times, is that bad? The dealer didnt tell me anything about anything I didn't even get a manual. I dont even know what kind of oil I should be buying I was thinking 10w-30? since it's cold outside by me in NY maybe 0w-30 or 5w-30? I wake up and drive every morning when it's like 20 degrees sometimes colder. But it's really cold in the morning by me. And I was thinking that shifting at around 1700 or so might save some gas? or better to bring it up to 2 grand? Sorry I have all these questions I just really want whats best for my truck and not too many people are of much help by where I live they all just want my money. And thank ya'll for all the welcomes!