View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 09:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2104 Ram 2500
Rep:10
truck123456789owner is on a distinguished road
Default two cameras; wireless option ??

Richard,

It appears your product(s) may provide the solution I seek. I have a 2014 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4. Pretty much loaded with everything, including the 8.4" touchscreen, Uconnect 8.4AN AM/FM/SXM/HD/BT/NAV, ParkView rear backup camera, and cargo view camera. I'd like to install a 3rd (perhaps even a 4th) camera (likely, inside a horse trailer) that would be viewable via the factory 8.4" touchscreen display.

I believe my factory tailgate camera is currently viewable via the rear-view mirror display. I am fine with keeping it that way; not necessary to feed that video signal through the 8.4" touchscreen.

Question 1: Is there a way that the factory 8.4" display can be used to receive the signal from two additional cameras?

Note that I want to keep my factory cargo bed camera operational and viewable via the display. And I'd like to keep the backup camera viewable via the rear-view mirror.

But I also want to add two additional camera inputs. Presumably, these would feed the inputs that your product otherwise provides for receiving the signal from the "front" camera and the back-up camera. (As I say,these two additional cameras would be located inside and on the back of a horse trailer.)

Question 2: Putting aside whether more than one additional camera can be added . . . Is there a way to connect a wireless camera through your product? For example, if one were to add the "front" camera, can it be a camera that feeds a wireless signal to a receiver unit that is connectable to your product's video-signal inputs?

Thanks in advance for your response!