View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 01:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Crew Sport
Color: Black
Rep:14
Cormacs is on a distinguished road

I will tell you in about a week if it works. I have ordered the parts but the only problem is they are on back order. I am a mechanic at a dodge dealership and my parts guy said he wouldn't have an issue returning them if it didn't work. I looked under my dash and both connectors are there and waiting to be plugged into it. The only problem I can foresee is the trailer brake controller obviously communicates over the bus since it uses inputs such as ESP from the ABS module and also has outputs to the cluster. What I have experienced in the past when I have done something like this is the network doesn't like it when you just add modules since that module is not in the build. So what I'm gonna do is plug it in and see if the network will just adopt the new module and start useing it. But if that doesn't work I'm gonna call me dealer service rep and pleed with him to add the trailer brake control module sales code to the build. I will keep you informed when the parts come in. The module is cheap it is only like $120 plus like $15 for the trim panel. If it works that is cheap for an inertia style brake controller. Plus if it works properly it uses ESP events to dictate the power to send to the trailer.