View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 08:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Crew Cab / 3.92 rear end
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Stone White
Rep:917
Big Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to behold
Default Remote not unlocking doors?

I know there are some issues with remotes that fail to unlock the doors and I stumbled on something (I think) this weekend that might help until you are able to get to a dealer.

Friday night I changed the unlocking instructions in the EIC from "1 click/unlock all 4 doors" to "first click/drivers door, second click/other doors". Looking back I realized that was when my system failed. After clicking, cussing and eventually pulling the backup key out of the fob all day Saturday & Sunday I thought about what I had done and changed the EIC instructions back to "1 click/all 4 doors" and everything started working again. I know many people don't want everything to open when they hit the remote but this might be a work around until you can get your truck serviced. And, I don't know if this will work for everyone but so far so good for me. I even changed mine back to see if my "fix" was a fluke and it quit working in the 2 click mode and started back when I went back to 1 click.

Marching to Mamasita's beat for a real real long time...

Dennis
Sponsored links