Old 01-28-2010, 12:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Ram
Trim Level: SLT,Crew Cab,Ram Box
Color: Mineral Grey Metalic
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:111
808 KUMA will become famous soon enough808 KUMA will become famous soon enough

It depends on how well you maintain your engine compartment. The one product I would never use on anything in my truck, car, home, or anywhere is an oil based product such as Armorall. The way I look at it is, if you want to ruin a piece of plastic or rubber, just use armorall. I use a product called More Shine in my engine bay and on my tires and I use DWG products on the rest of my truck. Oil based products with silicone, break down rubber and plastic products over time and when you add heat to the equation, it happens even faster. If you are unlucky enough to get the armorall between the plastic and a chrome plating, well I'm sure some of you have seen what that looks like. Like everyone has said, it's a personnal thing, I'm just speaking from an auto detailer aspect (10 years). After you have cleaned all the oil off a mishap like you had, then you can start detailing. I would have used a product we have called GREEN to first cut the oil off and then used a light rinse and repeat until all oil is gone. Then wipe everything down with microfiber towels. If you have a lift or drive ons I would get the underside too.
Custom Grill,Airaid. E-3 plgs. Spintech catbck. Stainless Smittybuilt Nerf's. E-Z gate. Putco mirror cvrs. Fire & Ice LED tailgate strip. LED eng.bay lights. 20" Wheels. Ramheads LED's. Clear LED Tail lights. Fog Lights.15" Night Raider Strobe in lower grill. Chrome Diff. cover. Red brake-calipers. Polished drive shaft. MOPAR Soft Tonneau cover. Stainless pillar post covers. Mopar-Chrome gas cover. Stainless window-sill trim. Clear LED 3rd Brake Light. Mopar Slush-Mats. "Wet-Suit" type seat covers(Red-on-Black) Custom Ram-Strpe on rear fenders.