View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 09:52 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:10
BigTimmy03 is on a distinguished road
Default ABS/Brake Light....headlight issue too!

Hi,

Been reading around on different sites, but no one seems to be able to have an answer for me so hoping someone here might have a clue! Here is the issues I have been having:

I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT

When I start my truck in the morning, my right headlight comes on all by itself, without me even touching the light switch! Then, my ABS/Brake light comes on, and stays on. My power windows work, but my windshield wipers won't work at all! Nothing else on the inside of dashboard lights up, but the radio/CD player does work!

When I actually flip my lights on, then my dashboard lights up like it normally does when you turn the lights on! When I put the truck in reverse, sometimes the lights both headlights then come on, sometimes they don't! I will then put that truck in drive, which also sometimes puts both headlights on, but lately it hasn't been doing that! My highbeams also won't work! Even though my ABS/Brake light comes on, my brakes work just fine!

Now, this happened to me a couple of months ago, I would drive for like 30 seconds, turn the truck off and the start it back up, and the lights would go off and I would have no problem! It all started again maybe 2 weeks ago, I jumped on of my buddies older (old as in 1989!) truck, he obviously put the jumped cables on my battery terminals and then ever since then I have been getting this message again! I can't help but think they are connected, it can't just be a coincidence!

Anyway, long story short, does anyone have any info or advice on this problem! The truck drives fine, but it drives with just the right headlight working the whole way!
Sponsored links