View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 05:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2005-???? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:10
wmonroe is on a distinguished road

If you haven't done so already I would change the fuel filter, and was already mentioned change the pre screen that is beside the fuel filter. When you remove the pre screen there is a black plastic piece like a hockey puck that is the fuel heater, take it out and put back together without it. The fuel heater can get small cracks in it that let air in.
If none of that fixes your problem I would replace the return fuel line. It dry rots, cracks and lets air in and causes a hard/no start condition. It won't leak fuel but it will let air in. After that if no go I would pull the overflow valve out and stretch the spring to about 5/8" and if that fixes the problem get a new overflow valve.
The lift pump and injection pump on the 94-98 12 valves were very durable units, not saying they never had any trouble, just not the first place I would look.
And for the record my last truck developed a crack in the fuel heater causing a no start condition, after removing the fuel heater the truck ran great.