Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl Coat
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:92
marko7717 will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb MOPAR T-Shifter Handle Install

I recently ordered and installed a MOPAR t-handle shifter (p/n 82211622), an interior option for the Challenger. Iím sure that this has been posted somewhere before, but I couldnít find it so I thought I would take the liberty. The t-handle sits up a little higher than the old knob by about a half an inch to an inch. Photos and instructions are below.

Cheers

In order to remove the old shifter knob you will have to remove the chrome ring from the bottom of the shifter

(There is no such thing as common sense, so, make sure your truck is not running and the parking brake is engaged when you perform this next step) For ease of removal you will want to move the shifter into neutral. To do that, remove the small tab located next to the shifter.

Once removed, you will notice a red tab inside the hole. Press down on the tab with a screwdriver until you are able to move the shifter. Once you have moved the shifter into neutral, replace the tab back into the hole.

To remove the chrome ring, use a flat head screwdriver and insert it between the chrome ring and the knob. Once itís in there press down on the screwdriver until it pops off.

Once the chrome ring is detached from the knob, place a flathead screwdriver in-between the slit of the knob and turn the screwdriver to spread the slit, then pull up on the knob and it should come right off.

Next slide the new t-shifter on and tighten the screw located in front of the shifter shaft with an allen wrench just enough to where its snug. Adjust the angle of the handle to your desire and finish tightening.

And thatís it. You can push the shifter back to park w/o pressing the red tab down.
Sponsored links