View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 02:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum - Dodge Truck Forum - Dodge Ram Club

Vehicle: SRT-10
Color: Red
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:434
Quiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enough
Default Direct Wiring A Radar Detector

I want to direct-wire (sometimes called "hardwiring") my radar detector to the Integrated Power Module (fuse panel) under the hood of my 2010 Laramie using a device commonly called "add-a-circuit". ( This could also be a way to connect a GPS device.) I was wondering if anyone here knows a thing or two about this? Assume I know what I'm doing for the sake of this discussion,please. To do this, I will have to feed a wire through the firewall. Not exactly in a big hurry to poke a hole in my new baby's firewall! I hope you can understand!!! Anyway, I was looking around under the hood tonight. Kinda trying to figure this out. On the drivers side firewall there's a brake fluid reservoir attached to a round, black, metal tank-looking thing I'm not sure what is does. Obviously something to do with the brakes, but anyway. Back to my question; on the firewall, next to and to the left of the mystery brake tank thing is a 4" x 2" black plastic piece I might think could be called a "blank plug". It fills a punched out hole in the firewall. Maybe where clutch hydraulics go on manual tranny models? Anyone? Bueller? Does anyone know if I can fish a wire through a hole I make in this plug in the firewall? Does anyone have a better idea? Does anyone have a better way of direct wiring? I will be grateful for any help anyone could provide.

Thanks!

Hud
Sponsored links