View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 11:25 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Custom
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:1648
dodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudnhudn View Post
I want to direct-wire (sometimes called "hardwiring") my radar detector to the Integrated Power Module (fuse panel) under the hood of my 2010 Laramie using a device commonly called "add-a-circuit". ( This could also be a way to connect a GPS device.) I was wondering if anyone here knows a thing or two about this? Assume I know what I'm doing for the sake of this discussion,please. To do this, I will have to feed a wire through the firewall. Not exactly in a big hurry to poke a hole in my new baby's firewall! I hope you can understand!!! Anyway, I was looking around under the hood tonight. Kinda trying to figure this out. On the drivers side firewall there's a brake fluid reservoir attached to a round, black, metal tank-looking thing I'm not sure what is does. Obviously something to do with the brakes, but anyway. Back to my question; on the firewall, next to and to the left of the mystery brake tank thing is a 4" x 2" black plastic piece I might think could be called a "blank plug". It fills a punched out hole in the firewall. Maybe where clutch hydraulics go on manual tranny models? Anyone? Bueller? Does anyone know if I can fish a wire through a hole I make in this plug in the firewall? Does anyone have a better idea? Does anyone have a better way of direct wiring? I will be grateful for any help anyone could provide.

Thanks!

Hud
I am assuming you are referring to the plastic cover next to the booster (black can thingy). Thats where I run my power wire for my audio equipment. You should be able to access this rather easily, but from the inside of the cab, that location looks like a smaller circle (at least mine does). I agree with Randy on checking the power supply (just in case) and make sure you fuse that booger.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD.....lightly modded

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 #3560.....lightly modded
2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon....lightly modded (yeah right, it's a Jeep!)
2010 Jeep GC SRT-8.....lightly modded