View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 06:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum - Dodge Truck Forum - Dodge Ram Club

Vehicle: SRT-10
Color: Red
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:434
Quiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enough
Default Direct Wiring A Radar Detector

Thanks! So, you're telling me that you had to access the hole through the firewall from the inside of the cab, right? That would mean I will be standing on my head and working under the dash! Oh well, I was going to have to anyway. Ought to be fun!
I was an aircraft electrician in the Navy a few decades ago. I have experience with these things. I have the hardwire kit that came with the detector. The add-a-circuit is rated for a maximum of 10 amps. I am going to tap into the circuit for the overhead console illumination that runs off the acc power source (not directly from the battery). It is rated at 5 amps, the detector will have it's own fuse, rated at 3 amps. The detector requires a 12V power supply. This will be really simple, I just wanted to be careful about making any holes in my truck that weren't done at the factory! Ya know?