View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 11:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2001 Ram 1500 Quad 4WD 5.9
Trim Level: Quad cab
Color: Garnet red
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:202
deanthecrabman has a spectacular aura aboutdeanthecrabman has a spectacular aura aboutdeanthecrabman has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones64 View Post
I will share atrue strory no shit. When i first started working were i am today i had to respond to code blues.My responsability was headboard off, pt helper off (if there) and start chest compressions. I had a code one niteshift at the ICU. When i got there the first thing the nurse askede was do chest compressions. On i went......... After about 45 to 60 seconds the pt started to say ow.../no shit, he saiod ow everytime i did a chest comopression. Of course this freeked me out. I stopped..nurse said continue..what i said hes sayin ow.. i dont care do it. At this time the DR. showed up. Barked out some orders i was doing chest compressions pt saying ow....suddenly DR,says what the f&%$k. I said i know this is crazy. Hes got no rythm other than me hes out , done, what ever. To make this shorter. Pt came through and remembered every single thing that transpired that day.That people is crazy ,wierd and telling you when its not your time its not your time. This is true not a story. I see this PT time to time still and we always smile and shake our heads,
I'll tell you what, that was some d@#% fine CPR. Had that happen before. Kid was 14, had a heart rate of about 20. Every time I stopped, he'd go DFO(dun fell out!). The pulse oximeters and A-lines can tell you you're doing it right, but there's nothing like the patient sitting up and cussing you out!