Old 02-25-2010, 11:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram Ext Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:13
DarkRam01 is on a distinguished road
Default Just bought a 2001 quad cab 5.2 PROBLEMS!!!

Hey everyone, new to the site and just wanted to let everyone know what i got. Live in the valley in TX, and went to Houston 2 weeks ago, came back with a big bad 2001 Dodge ram. It is black, (4)door sport model. It has the 5.2 auto and looks great. Runs great... (while i was in Houston) lol.

Ok so problems start when i get the Truck back home.

Got to Houston in my 2008 dodge avenger, bought my truck up there and rented a u-haul to pull my car back. truck ran good, loved everything about it, pulled the car dolley loaded like as if nothing. everything was perfect..... Then......
i got to a town called Falfurrias 1 hr away from home.(took it all the way with the O/D turned off)

First the check engine light turned on,.... i decided to have it diagnosed at autozone later in the wk. then 2 days later i go to school and i floor it on the way over there... truck picked up speed awesome i was surprised. get to school,... *learn* lol and then when it was time to go home the truck would get stuck in first gear and wouldn't jump out till 3800rpms or till i romped or floored the truck and let off it would shift. the other shifts are usually good but the first to second is the worse.
took it to autozone and the check engine light code was for TCC Transmission Solenoid

so don't know what to do or what to buy.... i decided to reset the battery and i bought a bottle of transx for the tranny... transmission is doing a lot better,, and usually shifts good but i have to keep the rpms under 2k.

any ideas?

also the other day it started smoking for no reason... then it just stopped.
weird truck.

its a 2001 5.2 with 120k miles.

thanx and any help would be greatly appreciated..
while in houston before i got home i put lucas fuel treatment, also i got 13mpgs on the way home pulling my car back,... and after 2 weeks of driving it w/0 trailer i still avg 13 mpgs???? damn that is too much of a gas guzzler for me. First truck owner also so... is this normal?
i changed the oil and air filter in houston before i came back and tires are fully inflated to 35psi and i have a light foot.

sorry for such a long post hahahah. thanx guys
Sponsored links