Vehicle: 2004 Ram QC 4x4 HEMI
Trim Level: SLT OFF ROAD
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:48
Kens04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmag69 View Post
I have a problem with my Ram similar to this. When I hit the brake at around 60 mph the front shakes so bad it feels like the driver's side tire is going to come off. Any other time it is hardly noticeable or doesn't shake at all. I was thinking it may be ball joints or a bad tie rod but I tried checking them when I replaced the anti rattle clips that some decided the truck didn't need at the last brake job and there was no play in either. What do you guys think? I'll check the control arm for movement. It scares the hell out of me I tell ya what.
Sounds like warped rotors to me also. Trying getting them machined, although they will probably warp again from the heat and you might just be better off getting some new performance rotors and pads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02BlackSLT View Post
I have this same vibration and was about to start a thread. No need, if you dont mind I will piggy back on this one. My vibration occurs at 55 MPh and its not tire related. The U-Joinst seem ok as well. Any Help would be appreciated.
Have you had work done to eliminate the possibility of tires? I only say that becasue you say its not tire related with certainty.