Old 03-05-2010, 08:46 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Ram QC 4x4 HEMI
Trim Level: SLT OFF ROAD
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:48
Kens04 is on a distinguished road

Well I put it in the intake and gas yesterday. It hardly smoked at all, and I mean very little, guess thats good it meams it wasnt too dirty? I used a third of the can in the intake and the rest in the gas, it say the full bottle can treat 8- 25 gallons so I put in roughly two thirds of the can and filled up about 12 gallons and will run that all the way through. Im not going to put it in the crankcase, its just too nerve racking for me. Ill keep changing the oil with a quality synthetic every 3-5 k miles. Im going to change the oil and the PCV and EGR valves this weekend too so that will give me peice of mind rather than dumping the seafoam in the crankcase.

Seafoam results, even though I had hardly any smoke I did notice improved throttle response, idle was fine before so nothing to report there. But when im going up a hill now it seems to recognise the change gice it more gas and shift sooner rather than before I felt like I could practicaly floor it and it wouldnt shift just kind of bog down now it gives more gas and shifts at the right point. I know I didnt do anything to the trans. but the throttle response has to be related to shifting I guess.