Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram QC 4X4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Medic1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones64 View Post
I choose the Magnaflow for warrantty but mainly for sound. Everyone has a different opinion on sound. Saying this....thats what i would base my final decision on.
When speaking of the Magnaflow warranty are you talking about the actually warranty provided by Magnaflow or something to do with the actual Chrysler warranty?

Also, I have heard some conflicting reports that removing the resonator causes error codes with some people, and others have had no issue. Alot of the people who have had the codes were told they had to pay out of pocket to put the stock muffler or resonator back on to have the code diagnosed. If I understand how the resonator works correctly it means that If I leave the resonator on to keep interior noise down then in order to get the same tone I would have to go with a louder muffler. Am I wrong in my thinking here? Since the 50 is quieter, if I leave the resonator on to avoid a chance of getting error codes and keep the interior drone down then I would probably be better off with a original 40?

Either I just didn't care way back when or didn't know any better but when I put my exhaust on the Mustang back in the day I don't remember there being this many choices and considerations!

Last edited by Medic1; 03-10-2010 at 11:44 PM.