View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 07:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1996 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck
Trim Level: Indy Pace Truck
Color: Blue w/ white stripes
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:209
strang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura about
Default My Omni GLH Project

Hey all,

I haven't really mentioned this little project much here, or even posted a picture...so, I figured I'd fill everyone in

Its ugly, I know...but, I got the car from a lady that lives near me. She bought it brand new in 1985 as her first new car (2nd car altogether), and drove it until 1994 when the a/c quit, and she had another car that she started driving instead, and, it sat, not so much as getting the door opened form 1994 til about this time last year when I picked it up from her.

She gave me the car since I told her I was going to fix it up (she had multiple people offer her money to scrap it, but she wouldn't)....but, she also gave me the original window sticker, build sheet, temp tag it came home with, owner's manual, and dealer brochure booklet for the 1985 Omni...lol Pretty cool stuff.

But, when I got it, it was in need of help and didn't run. but, a new water pump and electric fuel pump (yes, its carbureated and has an electric fuel pump...why I don't know), a hot battery and some fresh fuel, and she fired right up.
Took it out and ran the crap out of it the other day, and, i think I blew all the crap out of it, because, now, it'll sit there and purr like a kitten, start right up, and not bog out nearly as much. Also will spin the tire (FWD 1 wheeled wonder...lol) like nothing, and thats on the same plugs, wires, coil, oil, and uncleaned everything...lol

Coming to her is a new paint job (very soon), and a Eaton M62 supercharger (be different then turbo). Should be pretty fun when its done. Also, upgraded to 4 wheel discs (all from the junkyard).

Not one part on the car right now is new, minus the water pump and battery. The rest is all courtesy the local junkyard (which happened to have some new stuff too...but...lol)

But, enough of my rambling....here's some pics.

98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited / 96 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck / 87 Dodge Charger GLHS / 85 Dodge Omni GLH
Sponsored links