View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 09:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1996 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck
Trim Level: Indy Pace Truck
Color: Blue w/ white stripes
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:210
strang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura about

haha...thanks guys. And, no, she hasn't seen it yet. I've told her about it though, I even told her she can drive it when its all done

But, it should be in primer next week, then, the supercharging commences Followed by a fresh coat of sante fe blue.
I have a whole interior waiting to go in it, but, I need to man up and buy a new carpet (carpets are impossible to find in good shape). Then, I can install the new seats and all and get that all back together.

But, I plan on having this car done by the end of my spring break here in at the end of March.
Its a project, but, the best part is, its a Florida car. The only cancerous (not surface) rust to speak of was on the floor, and, it was only pinholes, and taken care of now

Also, as far as the pressure on the rings and all...the engine appears brand spanking new inside and all. I'm going to be putting a turbo head on it with the hardened exhaust valves, and when I reinstall the head, I'll be using a head shim as well (Mopar Performance sells them) to lower the compression ration to prepare it for the supercharger.

But, its hard to kill the 2.2s. Theres guys yanking turbo ones out of peoples yards as well, and cleaning them up and running 20psi of boost through them...lol

I'm not that crazy, as the supercharger might make 6-7psi of boost, but, I'll still be taking precautions. Also, filled the cylinders with marble mystery oil and let it sit for a month with it in there...tell you what, it sounded different after it started, and like things were loosened up afterwards...so, that probably helped.

But, thanks for the compliments everyone!!! And, sorry for the novel

98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited / 96 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck / 87 Dodge Charger GLHS / 85 Dodge Omni GLH