View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 09:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1996 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck
Trim Level: Indy Pace Truck
Color: Blue w/ white stripes
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:210
strang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura about

also, its not as bad as it looks...the paint makes it look hideous (besides the simple fact of the ugliness of the car ), but, once its painted and the interior is put back together (maybe a day to do that), it'll look like a nice car (for an omni...lol).

Engine wise, its sound now...running cool, running well, but, not fast enough for me...so, again with the junkyard parts.....the Eaton M62 supercharger is off of a GM 3800 V6, and is going to be pretty easy to be made to work.

But, the supercharger combined with the better flowing turbo head, hooker long tube header, and 3" exhaust, it should be around 175hp I'm hoping, which was the same as the GLHSs...but...thats being optimistic.

then again, it started with 110hp...ish...it feels like it has that much though, being it actually runs pretty good, and is suprising it has as much power as it does for what it is...
header = 10hp
head = 10hp
exhaust = 10hp so, about 140 now...
then the supercharger, which should add anywhere from 40-50% more power, so, 45% of 140 is about 63hp...so...203hp overall.

Now, thats all rough estimates, but, if that is anywhere near right (which, I think I'm being generous on some things and underestimating others)...but, that would be more than enough for a 2000lb car...lol.

I mean, the 175hp turbo/intercooled GLHSs on street tires were running 14.5 seconds....slicks knocked them down almost a whole second. Thats not bad for a FWD 4 banger

Okay...I'm done with my novel

98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited / 96 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck / 87 Dodge Charger GLHS / 85 Dodge Omni GLH

Last edited by strang3majik; 03-11-2010 at 09:29 PM.