View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 11:59 AM
Dodge Ram Forum - Dodge Truck Forum - Dodge Ram Club

Vehicle: SRT-10
Color: Red
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:434
Quiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enough
Default cv shaft and axle chewed up up

i have an 06 1500 4.7 4x4 and i have been spending alot of money on replaceing everything in the front end. i just got it back from shop last week from having passenger side axle and cv shaft replaced it was destroyed the cv shaft actually fell off the splines and chewed them up in the process. now not even a week later the drivers side is starting to do the same thing. was wondering if everyone is having the same problem or im having alot of bad luck? it cost me 460.00 for 1 side so another 460.00 for the other is coming. i called dodge dealer for parts and they said there seeing alot of people coming in for same problem usually its drivers side though so now im going back for other side now. mechenic told me its a very bad design there isnt nothing to keep the water salt or what ever out of there so it will happen again.Why isnt dodge recalling this it seems to be a problem? Thanks for any input
Sponsored links