Thread: Header Question
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 11:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

You will be good with either size unless you are thinking about forced induction sometime in the future...then I would get the larger tubes for your 5.7. As an example I have some 1 5/8 JBA long tubes on my mustang that makes 490rwhp on a street tune and they flow just fine.

Tried to find some info on OBX and the reviews I read were ok. Some from Nissan owners and even one from a Corvette guy. They are made out of 304 s/s so that is good but I couldn't find them for a Dodge Ram (on their website). Ok I'm an idiot. I found them on google.

Unless you have some money burning a whole in your pocket I would maybe wait and see if you can come across a good deal on one of the more well know brands or (and I know you want long tubes) a get a good tuned short/mid-length....IMHO.

If I find anything else I'll let you know. If you go ahead with the OBXs let us know what you think about the quality and fitment.

Last edited by CHVYKLR; 03-14-2010 at 11:04 PM.