Vehicle: 2002 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Silver
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:91
Bobcat06 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBlueRam View Post
The Viper is a cool car but seriously, how many regular people can afford to pay 90-100K for a car like that. I sure can't and hence I could care less.
The Viper isn't about what the average person can get. It is about what the average guy wants, and is almost unattainable. So when you see it, you think "Damn, that's an awesome car". If you wanted a fast sports car that is affordable, go and get in a corvette. But no one will look at you twice because they are pretty common (unless you get the Z06 or the ZR1 of course). These cars also are about pushing boundaries and finding out what is capable in the engines, suspension, handling, etc. If there wasn't a viper there would be no Ram SRT-10. It is also a good flagship car for the company, almost like a team mascot.

I don't think it's a bad idea to put it on hold for a few years and bring it back improved. Give it a better engine and better handling capabilities. Although I think they should make an ultra-raw special edition version to get back in touch with it's roots for the viper purists out there (no air conditioning, no roll up windows, no comforts like in the original vipers). I mean look at the hype the new camaro and challenger are getting since their re-release. The mustang had a few styling changes and is in the same class as those cars, but not getting the same attention or looks. I think it'll be good thing, especially for marketing.