Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
lucidanomaly is on a distinguished road
Default Vibration around 2500 rpms

I have a 2002 Ram 1500 QC 4x4, 4.7 liter engine. I have a weird vibration that only occurs around 2500 rpms. It can be felt through the gas pedal and floor. It lasts only a second or two until the trans shifts and the rpms drop. It also will stop if I keep accelerating past 2500 rpms. It will do this no matter what gear the trans in, it only matters that the engine is reaching 2500 rpms. The vibration also caused a "wonk" sound, seemingly coming from the exhaust, so the dealer thought it was a bad baffle in the muffler. Replaced the muffler, which did need replacing, and the wonk sound went away, but the vibration is still there. Doesn't seem to be a driveline issue to me, because it doesn't matter what gear the trans is in, or what speed the truck is going. Only when the rpms reach about 2500, it will vibrate until the rpms drop or go up. I can hold the accelerator to keep it at 2500 rpms and the vibration will stay untill I let the trans shift or accelerate harder to increase rpms. This has been going on for several years, so maybe its not a serious mechanical problem, but its driving me nuts! Any ideas.....please??
Sponsored links