Old 03-22-2010, 11:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:17
cartert1975 is on a distinguished road
Default Dealer issue, being a baby or honest issue.

**LONG RANT WARNING**

short version, all due bill parts were ordered incorrectly, mechanic joyriding in my new truck on a parts run, scratches on my truck and a service dept with a who gives a $hit attitude. read on for the sad details...

Took my new truck to the dealership today to satisfy my "due bill". It took 5 weeks for the dealership to get my running boards, bedliner, tow hooks and DVD system. Dropped the truck off this morning and the Service Writer Tim said that the truck would be ready by 3PM and he would call me. I told Tim that I would take my truck to the audio place myself to have the DVD system install because I didnt want anyone to drive my truck (outside the normal to and from the shop line to the shop).

I get a call at around 1:30 from tim telling the parts department had ordered the wrong tow hooks and he asked if I could leave the truck until tomorrow so they could finish everything up.

I said no, we were down to one car this week and I would need the truck today, no issue there. I get there at 4:15 and I look around the lot and my truck is nowhere to be seen, I ask Tim if my truck is ready and he said the Mechanic took it out for a "test drive", so my natural response was why does he need to test drive it...you didnt do any mechanical work to it. Just then I see the mechanic come back on the lot. I turned to Tim and asked him again, why he was T/D my truck, he said he wanted to make sure the bedliner was installed properly and wasnt vibrating or lifting.

So I look any my truck and I notice that the the running boards are three step boards and not the standard two step units for the CC 1500, then I tried to open the tailgate on my truck and the gate was jammed...

Turns out that the cover for the gate was the wrong one and didn't have the cut outs for the tailgate strikers.

So all of the parts that I waited 5 weeks for were ordered incorrectly, Im pissed at this point. I walk outside to get in my truck and leave to cool off and one of the Porters pulls a dirty car next to mine and starts to wash it sprays the entire side of my freshly detailer truck with water (hard water spots everywhere, will need to be completely clay barred).

So I get in the car and looked at the odometer and fuel gauge and.....

30 MILE ROAD TEST AND 1/4 OF GAS used, turns out the mechanic took my truck down the freeway to Memphis to buy a bedliner for my truck because the dealership ordered a quad cab liner instead of a CC liner and still got the wrong part!

So lets recap, waited 5 weeks for parts that were ALL ordered incorrectly, a joyriding mechanic on a parts run after the service writer was told no one was to drive my truck, and a 10" scratch in my rear passenger side door...

So I ask you, am I being a baby or would you be pissed off. Even if I didnt tell him not to drive it, would you think they would have called and asked me to take my car to a different city to buy partsor given me the option to wait for them to reorder the part? Here another gem, the truck I traded in was totaled the week after I traded it in by a manager that wasnt suppose to be driving it...

Oh and get this, the Mechanic changed my radio station, mirrors, and driving position...

Last edited by cartert1975; 03-22-2010 at 11:27 PM.
Sponsored links