Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 4x2
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:48
2010Ramowner is on a distinguished road
Default Dealers

There are two Dodge/Chrysler dealers in town. At the first I went to in the fall of 2009, the salesman was a gold level long time salesman but when I showed him the 2010 Ram brochure and tried to price a Ram R/T he looked at me and said that model wasn't even available but the dealership had a nice V-6 Charger that I'd be interested in. I told him my 06 G6 GTP would blow its doors off so why would I trade for that and left.
I phoned Dodge Canada when I got home and was told the model of Ram was indeed available and I had better try another dealer; and I did.
Went to Kingston Chrysler Dodge and even got a rookie salesman and yet we hammered out a deal I could live with (He did try to sell me a V-6 Challenger that was on their lot.) and I signed.
The salesman was most helpful, the finance manager (I had dealt with him in 2006 when he was a salesman and I wanted to buy a Magnum R/T.) was also most helpful and seemed to be working on my side as we tried to arrive at a deal I could live with. He never once tried any tricks or subterfuge.
When Chrysler Canada started messing around with my order and didn't communicate with me nor the dealership either, the sales manager bent over backwards to work on my side, e-mailing or phoning the Dodge dealer rep almost daily and even sending a sharp, lengthy e-mail to Dodge Canada stating my case.
When I took a bus to the dealership in the winter, he paid for a taxi to take me home and then gave me a number of taxi chits billable to the dealership. When Dodge refused to sell me the 22" rims, he tried everything to get Dodge to change its mind.
The service manager to whom I was introduced seemed friendly and efficient so I have good vibes for when my truck finally arrives. Both times I have dealt with the dealership, I was surprised at the absence of pushiness or dealer/salesman tricks I have seen at other dealers and in past buying experiences.
2010Ramowner
Sponsored links