Vehicle: 2008 Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: PB5
Engine: 2008-2008 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:29
RumbleBee08 is on a distinguished road
Default Clearing over a decal

Hey Gang,

I'm FINALLY getting ready to add a custom Rumble Bee stripe to my PB5 08' Ram 1500 regular cab. I'm going with a white butt stripe circa 1969, with the Rumble Bee center decal. I'm going to find a local airbrush guy to airbrush my lettering in to make it look like the 69 Bee letters with a custome touch. I want them 3D with color that match the Bee logo (yellow, black, puple highlights) and think it'll look pretty cool. Going top add some Bee badges too from a 69 to put on the bed and the grille. I'm real excited! Where was I? Oh yeah, my question: I'm going to lay out the stipe and paint it myself (I have my own paint booth) and wanted to know about placing the decal on them clearing over it. I've never done that and wondered how the decal would hold up under the Houston sun and more importantly, any prep work involved in clearing a decal? I don't want to spray it down them have some weird reaction take place and the thing start to bubble up. Thanks guys. I'll post some photos when I get it done. It may be another month since I'm still in the design phases of the stripe.

Cheers (beer smiley)