Old 03-28-2010, 05:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: PB5
Engine: 2008-2008 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:29
RumbleBee08 is on a distinguished road

The real concern of mine is the fading of the decal over time and the ability of the clear to adhere to it. I'm going to paint the stripes on since I have a specific design I am going for. I wish I could make a drawing of what I want to show you guys. I think it'll be cool. I guess if it does fade or look funny years later, I can always just put another Bee decal on top of it. Maybe the new plan will be to paint the stripes on then clear them. Add the decal so the decal is over a clear coat, then hire the airbrush guy to do the lettering detail and stripe accent colors. After that, clear over the entire thing again. That way the decal is over a clearcoat and not the basecoat stripe but everything is sealed with clear. I like the idea of the clear over the final stripe/decal for a few reasons: Prevents damage/vandalism of the decal and if bird poop gets on it, it's a matter of a simple wipe off. I don't have to worry about scratching a vinyl. I'll keep you guys posted. I'm excited. I should have it done next month depending on the airbrush dude. Thanks for the help!