Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram SLT 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Atlantic Pearl Blue Metallic
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:75
jayhkr will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to jayhkr

LOL, ok I will be up bright and early in the afternoon tomorrow to take pics for everyone. I was on autogeek.net's website and might get me one of those Porter Cable kits. Might be able to make this 8 hour detail down to about 5-6 hours. Actually about 4-5 since I won't claybar everytime. I usually claybar about every other month depending on what I have to drive through. To answer hemiv8 it is not hard at all. If you buy the claybar kit from Megs you'll get the clay bar and a small bottle of detail spray. Nead the clay till you get about a 4" flat round disc. Spray the detail spray on about a 2x2 or 3x3 area and alittle on the clay. Rub the clay back and forth, up and down, side to side in circles, whatever is comfotable to you over the area you sprayed. Keep the area you are going over wet with the spray, you don't want the clay to "catch" on your paint. You'll hear and see all the crud come off your vehicle. When your claybar gets "full" with crud just pull and nead again till you get a fresh area of clay. I usually renead after each section of truck I work on. You'll see all the black gunk on there. After each 2x2 or 3x3 area you work on, wipe it off with a microfiber towel. Rinse and repeat for the rest of the truck. Takes me about 2 hours to go over the ENTIRE truck top to bottom including bumbers, side mirrors and hood. Pay particular attention to the lower half of the truck where the majority of the crud sticks to. Have fun and let us know if you go through with it and how you liked it!